Dental implants are rapidly becoming the preferred dental solution for thousands of patients with missing teeth .
Teeth could be lost to wide variety of reasons ranging from trauma,decay,negligence, gum diseases.whatever the reason dental implants are the best solution for missing teeth For geriatric patients implant supported dentures are a great option to restore complete oral functionality and self confidence Dental implants can boost self-esteem and enable people to speak with confidence as well as eat and chew their favorite foods safely.
- Due to the high-tech nature, dental implants are more tooth-saving than traditional bridgework, since they don't rely on surrounding teeth for support.
- Being the most natural form of tooth replacement indistinguishable from the real thing, dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are anchored into the jaw bone to hold replacement teeth in place.
- In most cases the artificial root of the implant is a small man-made titanium screw that serves as the replacement for the root portion of a natural tooth.
- Implants are placed in a very gentle manner and care is taken to the tissues involved. Anesthesia and sedation are used to eliminate any discomfort during the procedure so there is very little inconvenience to the patient.
- Normally getting a dental implant involves team work and different dental specialists work together to complete the procedure to perfection and obtain an optimal result.
- Dental implants are very durable and you can expect them to last as long as a lifetime if you take good care.